We imagined the whole process that starts from organic matter in order to produce local green energies. Our idea is to insert it into the agricultural and livestock production circuit, to provide him with derivatives and value.
What biomass for green energies ?
To create energy, we use agricultural biomass. It's about a plant biomass that we buy from farmers near the production unit. We offer the cultivation of a rotational head that is very beneficial for the yield of the following crops . This plant provides value by regenerating overexploited soils, and being sold as a source of energy.
Harvested in short circuit, this local biomass is sent to the green hydrogen and methane production unit.
Pyrogasification, key process for the production of truly green hydrogen
By simplifying a lot, processing biomass to create alternative energies is done in five main steps :
- the harvest of agricultural biomass,
- grinding, which reduces raw biomass into small particles,
- drying and mixing, to obtain a homogeneous material,
- pyrogasification, that is, the transformation of solid into gas by heat,
- the reaction of gas to water, where methane and hydrogen biogas are collected, as well as CO2 (see diagram above).
In this process, it is indeed all the biomass is consumed. It is pyrogasification that avoids having waste to manage. Thereby, all the elements generated by the process are used.
Four biomass products for zero waste
The biomass consumed in the production unit, once treated, allows you to generate four products that will be resold in the circular economy :
- hydrogen, that we think of as really green, which is distributed via a hydrogen station to heavy vehicles, trucks and tractors, equipped with suitable motor, or fuel cell. Afterwards, the same distribution will be ensured for automobiles.
- methane, which will be reinjected into the French and European gas network,
- of CO2, stored in the form of a canister and used for cooling units in trucks or nearby industries,
- mineral fertilizer, free of hydrogen and therefore less aggressive for soils, intended for neighboring farms.
These energies and products do not generate any residues other than those which we value. For us, these are green energies.
A constantly improving process of manufacturing alternative energies according to the circular economy
Because we are engineers, we are constantly trying to improve our manufacturing of green energies. This is how we use our own CO2 to power our oven and dryer. And why not more tomorrow ?
It is a whole set of agricultural activities that can call on our resources for its own needs, and thus make live the circular economy in our countryside.